- Membership Sign – in
Prior to applying for a position, you will be required to create a login and password. These will then be sent to the email address that you provide as a confirmation of your successful creation of a log-in.
Once you receive the confirmation from your email, you will then be able to proceed in applying for the position of your choice.
- Access Application Form
You will be required to fill the application form to completion. A notice of successful application will then be sent to your email address.
Simba Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the success of our company is based on the recruitment of hard working professionals. The company was ranked 49 out of 100 others employers in KPMG’s Top 100 employers in 2008. This could not have been realized without the great work of our qualified and dedicated staff.
We are always looking for new, innovative people to join our organization with the aim of enhancing our services and products.
· Senior Technical Consultant/Apps DBA
Reporting to the Projects Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform Installation and Maintenance of Oracle Applications (EBS Suite) Instances
· Perform Database health check activities
· Design and implement system business strategies for customers
· Take charge of the database support service Work with a project team to ensure that the associated hardware resources are allocated to the databases and to ensure high availability and optimum performance.
· To proactively monitor customer database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime
· Responsible for providing trends analysis to the project team and customers to enable them make informed decisions regarding resource management.
· Responsible for problem escalation to the Oracle development team and third parties as appropriate
· Responsible for improvement and maintenance of customer databases to include rollouts and upgrades as given in the associated customer engagement document
· Responsible for implementation and release of database changes as submitted by the development team
· Provide regular reports on Customer support status
· Advise management on trends on Oracle Database technology
· Conduct Oracle DBA and Oracle Applications trainings as required
· Proven experience in Installation and maintenance of Oracle Application (EBS Suite) Instances
· Proven Oracle database Administration experience
· Experience other database systems, preferable SQL servers
· Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high database service
· Practical experience in managing the Internal and external MS SQL database security
· Experience of managing multiple RDBMS on large systems
· Oracle certification in Oracle Database Administration, OCP on 10g and above.
· Good interpersonal, communication and report writing skills
· Over 5 years experience as a Database Administrator
· Practical experience of installation and maintenance of Oracle RAC
· Degree in Computer Science or relative subject from a recognized university or equivalent
Must be open to duty travels from time to time both within and outside the country
Deadline for Applications: September 15,2011
Interested Candidates may send their application letters and updated CV to email@example.com